How To Renew Hope When All Seems Dark
"Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops… at all.” -Emily Dickinson
Have you ever looked back on a difficulty you faced and wondered how you got through it?
I had a great discussion with Rich this week about hope being a part of our spirit. The essence of the divinity within each of us that is like a flame that will not extinguish, no matter our external circumstances.
What are the benefits of keeping hope alive during difficulty? We move from the fear mind to loving mind where we find solutions, possibilities, loving actions.
You begin modeling possibility for those around you, inspire others through their own difficulties. You find peace, purpose, appreciation of life.
3 Principles to Reinvigorate Hope
1. Stay in the now. Choose thoughts that are grounded in the present moment. Don’t catastrophize the future. Reframe problems as challenges.Find a place that feels good right now.
2. Appreciate the good. Start a daily gratitude practice by identifying 3 things that are good in your life, especially on the days when it feels impossible to do so.
“When we appreciate the good, the good appreciates.” -Tal Ben-Shahar
3. Ask empowering questions.
- “What’s already good here?”
- “What is this here to teach me that will benefit me in the future?"
- "How might my example of coming through this inspire others?”
- “How can i celebrate my brilliance?” via Dr. Mario Martinez
Learn to deeply love, care for and cherish yourself. The rest will take care of itself.
For more support like this, grab my freebie:
Learn to DEEPLY LOVE, CARE FOR and CHERISH YOURSELF. The rest will take care of itself.